Ruben König Jewellery presents This absolutely beautiful Victorian antique ring in 18ct Yellow Gold with a Platinum setting with an Old European Cut Diamond (cut c.1860-1890's) The ring has 8 claws holding the diamond in place which shows off the stone beautifully. I have graded the diamond as a 'VS' stone, it is nice and clean with Excellent return of light.
The side view shows solid sections in the shoulders attached to the platinum head. Please read the whole description to help you get a better understanding of this fantastic piece.
Key Points about this item:
• Genuine Victorian antique item
• Stamped inside '18ct' & 'PLAT'
• Old European Cut Diamond (c.1860’s-1890’s)
- Diamond Calculated as 0.44ct minimum.
- Colour: K/L
- Clarity: VS (2)
- Size: 4.8mm
• 6-claw setting
• UK Finger size: N
• USA Finger size: 6.5-6.75
• Item can be resized free-of-charge, please select from the drop down menu. In some cases a sizing join may be visible.
• Band is 2.2mm wide at the back tapering to 1.2mm at the head
• Slight D profile
• Polished finish (let me know if you'd prefer satin)
• Weighs 2.4g
• Condition: Genuine Antique item with signs of wear consistent with age. Some wear on the underside of the setting where the ring has been worn against another ring. Claws are fine, and as with any claw set jewellery some care should be taken. Diamond in excellent condition.
The high table typical of this era of cut, displays high 'fire' and makes the stone lively in its display of colour, as when light is broken down into its spectral counterparts we see the flashes of individual colour.
What we love about this piece:
♡ A genuine vintage piece with featuring a really clean Old Cut Diamond
♡ 6-Claw setting means there are extra claws protecting the stone
♡ The Centre stone is really bright with an excellent return of light
♡ A Platinum setting and a dainty Yellow Gold shank
♡ Can always be resized in the future if necessary