Mourning brooch c.1828 momento mori pin in 9ct & Black Enamel In Memory Of Lapel Pin Brooch Antique Vintage T.J.Thompson woven hair Georgian
A true relic from the past. Who was T.J.Thompson? And what's happened to him at 20 years old? Perhaps we will never know. However what we do have is this stunning little moments mori brooch in remembrance of him. This item is now 190 year old and is still in amazing condition, a real collectors piece.
- Dated as 1828 (same year London zoo opened)
- Original Antique item from George IV period (Georgian)
- Woven hair underneath Quartz
- Very good condition
- Engraved on reverse "T.J.Thompson at 20th Ap 1828"
- 9ct Yellow Gold head with black enamel and "In Memory of" on the front
- Head size 21.5 x 16mm
- Weighs 3.87g
- Ready to wear
A beautiful item to add to any collection.
I am a listed Diamond Fellow of the Gemmological Association of Great Britain (DGA status) and a professional Jeweller with years of experience in both bespoke and pre-loved items. Please have a look at my other items. Do not hesitate to send me a message with any questions.
See my other items as I have similar momento mori pieces.