Here we have a beautiful pre-loved cigarette case. Made from Sterling Silver (925), and hallmarked Birmingham 1945. It is a really lovely piece, traditional of the period with a panel on the outside that can be engraved.
Since not many people smoke small cigarettes anymore these tend to make useful business card cases for the aspiring entrepreneur/gentleman. They will of course fit 'rollie' cigarettes. Have a look at my other items as I have a few more of these for sale.
Key Points about this item:
• Dimensions: 145mm x 85mm x 10.5mm (large!)
• Excellent used Original condition with few blemishes (see pictures), very light signs of oxidisation and a few tiny corner dinks. No repairs seen.
• Can be cleaned with silver dip or cloth.
• Even the ribbon inside looks good, maybe never even used.
• Weight: 188g (v.heavy!)
• Markings: Patterning, Engine Turned. Blank panel on the front outside for customisation.
• Button mechanism, not sprung.
• c.1945 original item. Dated from Hallmark.
• Manufactured in Birmingham, UK.
• Maker Mark: J.C. Ltd. who are; J. Collyer or Birmingham
• Gilt (gold plated) inside, both sides.
What we love about this piece:
♡ Excellent condition Cigarette tin which can be used as a card case
♡ Very large case so has many uses
♡ Original UK 1945 Hallmarks
♡ Button mechanism is in great order and springs open!
♡ Space to engrave a new personalised message too