Here we have a boxed set of Dress Studs, Three appear to be the originals and one has been replaced/remade - maybe someone lost one! Older shirts of this period would have been 'starched' and had an attachable collar. It was typical that these shirts would have had 3 buttons and not 4, then one further collar stud to secure the collar. The Condition not bad for age, a few visible marks which just adds to the character.
Please read the whole description to help you get a better understanding of this fantastic piece.
Key Points about this item:
• Metal: 3x 9ct Yellow Gold & 1x 18ct Yellow Gold
• Other markings: 3x 9ct; Makers Mark of H.G & S ltd., '9' Marking, Chester stamp & Date stamp 'D' for 1904
• Dimensions: 11mm W x 8.1mm H x 5.3mm top engraved section
• Weight: 0.8g (9ct Each) & 0.9g (18ct Yellow Gold) = 3.2g total
• Age of piece: c.1904
• Overall condition: some minor knocks and dents consistent with age
• Finish: Polished with cloth
What we love about this piece:
♡ Historical item hallmarked as 1904
♡ In very good condition bar a few noticeable dents
♡ Perfect for a complete period look
♡ Front section has repousse/engraved detail