A really unique and unusual Antique British Edwardian item, a double hinged box. inside there is a wooden box that has had a silver box made over the top of it. It appears as though the bottom has some sort of fine leather as a cover. The box is unlined and has signs of wear consistent with age! Some markings on the lids have been over zealously polished and worn.
Please read the whole description to help you get a better understanding of this fantastic piece.
Key Points about this item:
• Metal: Sterling Silver
• Other markings: Makers Mark of A & J.Z (we think) A&J ZIMMERMAN, Anchor (Birmingham) & Date stamp. The piece is also hand engraved on the underside of a further makers mark: 'Edward & Son Glasgow'.
• Dimensions: 140mm L x 87mm W x 34mm H (62mm inc. handle)
• Height/wall thickness: 0.5mm approx formed silver sheet
• Weight: 356g (total, includes wooden inside)
• Age of piece: c.1905-06
• Overall condition: New Manufacture
• Finish: Polished with silver cloth
What we love about this piece:
♡ Historical item hallmarked as 1905-06
♡ Double hinged with handle
♡ Perfect for keeping Collar studs and cufflinks together
♡ Hand engraved underneath with makers details "Edward & Son Glasgow"
Click here to see our 'Online Jewellery Buying Guide'